Sanctuary had some peeling bottom paint, blisters and bottom issues. So we decided those needed to be corrected before we leave on the loop.
The major steps were:
- Boat was sand blasted in fall after haul out
- Remainder of old paint and poor gel-coat removed via sanding
- Blisters opened with grinder and sander
- After drying out, the bottom was filled and faired with West Epoxy
- Bottom re-sanded after filling
- Filled again and re-sanded some more…..
- Swim platform removed and refinished
- Bottom painted with Pettit Protect High Build Epoxy Primer (Three coats – Gray, White, Gray)
- Swim platform reinstalled
- Bottom painted with INTERLUX Micron CSC Anti fouling Paint (Three coats – Black Blue Blue)
- Boot strip repainted.
This short list translates into many, many, many, hours working under the boat.
I MUST thank good friends Scott Devoll, Henry Kuyt, and nephew Jeremy Payne for helping with this daunting task.
Here are a few images of the steps and progress.